Sciatica is a condition that causes a variety of symptoms, most notable of which is pain radiating from the lower back or buttocks, down to the leg, and the foot. When left untreated, it can lead to permanent nerve damage, loss of feeling, and even loss of bladder control.
1. Reclined Hamstring Stretch
Luckily, you can treat it with some exercise. Performing several exercises with the Pilates Ring Pro by Coquet Joli ™ has been proven to help relieve the pain caused by sciatica. The Pilates Ring Pro works out both your lower back and your thighs, can serve as an easy, cheap solution to your back problems, and will help you avoid those costly hospital trips and expensive prescriptions! Here are some exercises that you can try at home to help treat the pain caused by your sciatica.
- Lie down, place one grip of the Pilates Ring Pro
on your foot and grasp the other grip with your hands. While keeping your pelvis on the floor, pull your leg towards your head, and slowly bring it down.
2. Piriformis Stretch
- Lie down, raise one leg, and bend the lower part of it down to form a 90-degree angle, rest the ankle of your other leg on the knee of your raised leg, place one grip of the Pilates Ring Pro
on the inner thigh of your raised leg, and pull the Pilates Ring Pro
towards your chest and hold.
- Lie down, raise your legs and place the Pilates Ring Pro
between them, with your ankles holding on to the grips. While keeping your shoulders grounded, bend your knees and drop your lower legs to form a 90-degree angle and rock your hips to one side and then the other.
4. Frog Lift - Lie down on your stomach, place the Pilates Ring Pro on your lower legs, and lift your lower legs as high as you can towards your back. Hold this for a few seconds before slowly bringing your legs back down.
Putting in a short workout with a Pilates Ring Pro is not just a simple home remedy that can cure the pain, but it will also work to keeping you fit and healthy enough to reduce the risk of contracting sciatica in the future. A few minutes working with a Pilates Ring Pro every day and you should be fine!